Head Coach for Sailing Center
Helsingfors Segelsällskap r.f. (HSS) Sailing Center is looking for a sailing professional to organize and develop the competitive adult sailing at HSS. The HSS Sailing Center is part of a historic club in the center of Helsinki with sailing activities for juniors and adults. The Sailing Center has more than 100 active members with different skill levels from beginner to active competitive sailor or windsurfer. We have a fleet of 8 Laser16, 6 Elliott6, 16 windsurf boards and multiple RIBs, while one J/70 will be added in the new season. Expect to join a vibrant international community of hobby sailors who organise lots of sailing activities and events in our premises.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervisor for a small team of HSS sailing center coaches.
- Main responsible coach for HSS Sailing Center.
- Organize annual calendar.
- Support and develop skills of sailing coaches.
- Create new model of coaching groups that supports development.
- Maintenance responsible person of HSS sailing equipment and RIBs
- Communicate problems and developing needs to SC
- Development of a long term winter tour project for the sailing league teams
- Maintaining active communication with sailors and collecting feedback
- Regular meetings with the Sailing Center organization
- Group transfers: decision and communication about transfer, other practical routines
- Development of Sailing Center activities in accordance with the strategy
- Documentation, reports and their maintenance
- Strong sail racing background, previous coaching experience, J/70 or Elliott 6m experience will be considered as a bonus
- Basic knowledge of boat maintenance
- Fluent in English
- Effective and strong communicator, ability to work under pressure, solution-oriented and flexible, positive thinking.
- Practical and strategic who understands short and long term development needs.
- People management skills: positive working environment, supportive and encouraging personality
- Time management: able to prioritize tasks, independently and proactively managing working time
- Writing / paper work (produce reports, write emails)
Working time and salary
You will be expected to work an average of 40 hours per week in May-September, 16 hours per week in October-April. You will receive a competitive salary: 3.750€ / month in summer season, 1.500 € / month in winter season. The Head Coach has a telephone benefit and has the possibility to work remotely during the winter season.
How to apply
If you feel the role for Head Coach at HSS Sailing Center is what you are looking for, we are keen to hear from you! For further information, please contact Dimitrios (Dimi) Tsallos, HSS Sailing center head of Trainings and Courses Commission by 28th November at email@example.com