Finnish Sailing League 2021 – join for info
December 10, 2020 – HSS J70 Class Development team, which consists of the Sailing Center Manager, HSS Head Coach, and J70 Responsible Coach, among many interested HSS members, held its Annual General Meeting virtually on Friday November 27 with a review of the 2020 season’s activities along with rule and regulations that govern the class.
Dear HSS Members.
On a very warm November day (in my time zone…) the HSS J70 Class Development team met together on Zoom, a mode of meeting with which we have all become quite familiar. Our sincere hope is that all of our sailors and their families remain healthy and that we will be able to do more sailing in 2021! For easy reading I have made a few bullet points of the key points of the meeting:
● There is a strong desire to participate in the Suomen Purjehdusliiga (SPL), HSS has been formally invited to join the event in 2021 and we will make every effort to do so.
● The event is organised as an inshore event, with many short and races around a windward leeward course. Semi-finals are scheduled for September and the finals are to be held in October.
● From HSS we are offering more involvement with the J70 Class, Therefore we want to focus on more structured training sessions.
● The boats have proven themselves to be very easy to sail, while, at the same time, being a boat that rewards fine adjustments and the good sailor’s craftsmanship.
● There will be a Q&A meeting regarding J70 and Suomen Purjiehdusliiga in January the 21st.
● The boat is really a “one size fits all” with its simplicity yet complications allow for a
very wide spectrum of possible sailors. From people coming from Sailing Center, to our fellow classic boat sailors.
I am very grateful for the hard work of the HSS, Sailing Center Manager, Head Coach and the advisors to the class during this most challenging year. We really have a fantastic group of sailors who are dedicated to making the HSS the best it can be!
If you have questions, do not hesitate in asking! Now, let’s go sailing!
Anxo Bernárdez, HSS J70 coach